Wednesday 11 February 2015

My Room!

I've been wanting to make a post about my uni room for a while now mainly because I spend a lot of time in here and it's tailored specifically to my taste and everything I love! I moved into my new uni house in Southend-on-Sea in late July after moving out of dreaded halls! -they were fun while it lasted but I'm so glad to be out of there haha! 

I've got a lot of photos and pretty girly like things but I wouldn't really say I'm a girly girl! I'm really into photography and art and have a few bits around my room that make me out to be a proper art geek haha! I'm not going to lie I'm not a massive book reader myself, don't get me wrong I do like reading but I don't really ever find myself in the mood for reading! I do love a magazine though, my top two favourites have to be iD and Cosmo. Purely because they both cover such a wide range of different stuff! I've recently been reading Dazed and Confused a lot more because there's a heap of them in the Uni library and I couldn't resist! I currently live with my friend Max, who used to live in the flat above me in halls and my main girrrrrl since day one of uni- Charlie.




I love wearing lots of jewellery, I don't leave the house without wearing my blue opal hamsa necklace from the Hamsa Project, (I received as a birthday present from my house mate it's so perfect!) or my Skagen Gold Watch which I received from my uncle for my 18th birthday! 

  

Taken on my first day back at uni after summer- oh for it to be this sunny again!

First day back after summer picnic!

Charlie and Max before Charlie got a bed and her mattress was on the floor!







I didn't actually view the house before we moved in because I was in Ibiza, so I got given this room and I was pleasantly surprised! My favourite thing is my 1960's white fireplace. It's literally as stunning as this in real life! It really is a centre piece for the whole room and I love it :D 

As the house came unfurnished I pretty much had to get all the furniture for my room off my own back and oh how I have loved it! Not only am I a lover of vintage and secondhand clothing stores but I can't help but love a poke around a vintage furniture shop! I got an absolutely gorgeous black steel bed frame (yet to photograph) from this giant vintage furniture shop in Westcliff and they delivered, and assembled it for me all within the price!


0 comments:

Post a Comment