Saturday 21 February 2015

London Fashion Week Day One- The Style Report ♡

Hello babes! Yesterday was absolute madness, don't even know where I'm finding the energy to write this post (I'm probably still buzzing off the fact I saw Alexa Chung!) besides the fact I'm completely exhausted, day 1 of LFW AW '15 was a huge success and I can't wait to tell you all about it! I attended Somerset House with the Oh My Love girls, capturing street style for their blog, interviewing the fashionable and just generally mingling!

I have always loved fashion week, not just for the shows, the celebs or the atmosphere but for the street style. I know I am biased because London is my home city but I honestly believe that London (especially during fashion week) is one of the trendiest cities in the world. 

Fashion Week this year was no different. The fashion conscious came out in true English glory. Battling the frosty February gales in giant faux furs, teddy bomber jackets and floor length duster coats. 

There was a running theme through the street style trends within Somerset House this year and it was Denim, and lots of it. It also was not just confined to a jean. New styles and cuts were showcased, will this be our bid goodbye to the skinny jean? Flares and wide leg styles ruled the cobbled stones, teamed with strappy pointed heels or trendy New Balance or Adidas 'Stan Smith' trainers. Customised denim also played a big part in the street style scene, rhinestones, sequins and slogan wording slathered across jackets and thigh-high denim boots. 

Along with the flared denim came the return of the 70's. Suede jackets, sparkly boots, floppy hats and psychedelic prints. This was my favourite news because I can't think of anything better than being able to dress like a 70's hippy goddess and actually, be bang on trend.  

Sleek winter whites, nudes and greys were also a big hit amongst the fashionable, think Kim K, but more reserved. Sarah Ashcroft was coveting a gorgeous minimalist look, teaming thigh-high grey suede Aldo boots with a grey duster and white mini dress, she looked stunning! 

Sarah Ashcroft attending with friends

My LFW look! Post coming up!

It was super busy towards the start of the Bora Aksu show

Pandora Sykes donning a Beyond Retro number and killin' it!

Beautiful architecture within the Somerset House setting

I nearly died at how cute this was! Also because I was extremely jealous that a 1 or something year old had a Fendi handbag D: 

The blogger babe from Two Shoes, One Pair in a stunning tasselled suede kimono

Megan Ellaby slaying in a double denim combo

Stunning babe from Beyond Retro wearing a vintage suede dress


Oh the details!


The wide leg flare is back!

The gorgeous Vlogger Tasha Green looking flawless


Leanne Lim Walker in a beautiful Hannah Beth Fincham number

Lucy Watson



Sally showing off her beautifully ombred (is that a word?) hair haha





Keep updated as theres a post coming up on my LFW outfit! Lots of love 

0 comments:

Post a Comment