Wednesday 21 January 2015

Day One - Oh My Love

I am so excited to have started a month long internship at Oh My Love London! When I went for my interview I knew this was the kind of place I wanted to be working so on my first day I was desperate to make a good first impression! The office space is really cool, with lots of neon lighting and house music blaring. They have their own in-house design room where they design and produce their own clothing, along with their own photography studio set up ready with studio lighting and filled with shoes and accessories!

I was asked to do lots of brand analysis' and have a look at the Oh My Love Instagram. I then decided to make several mock up graphics that I thought would boost Instagram followers and likes! 
inso2
inspo for about us3



I created this graphic using imagery from the Oh My Love website and  a photograph I took from inside of the office as well and added silver stars and some graphic squares in the background!











inspo1


insta inpo3
Oh My Love also are preparing their Spring Summer 2015 Collection and were at the final stages of creating a lookbook depicting the themes and images from the photoshoot from the spring summer collection. 
Sally asked me to look through the photographs from the SS15 collection and produce a short three paragraph introduction for the lookbook on what the collection reflected and where the inspiration came from.
Here is what I produced for it
Oh My Love SS15
For Spring/Summer 15, Oh My Love London’s in-house design team have been
devoted to creating the most unique and playful collection yet. Channelling 70’s
cool vibes and inspired by the likes of Bianca Jagger it’s a collection ready for an
unforgettable summer.
With pretty in pink flamingo print bomber jackets, vibrant floral 70’s inspired
printed playsuits and intricately embellished sequined halters; it’s a diverse
collection. From flared silk trousers, to plunging neckline bodysuits the
collection radiates an Ibiza cool vibe screaming for the girls who just want to
have fun.
The Oh My Love Spring/ Summer 15 collection will be available from ______ at
ohmylovelondon.com and at selected retailers including Topshop, Nasty Gal and
ASOS.

I can't wait for the lookbook to go to print to see if they use my introduction in it!  I was then asked to go through the final images and select them online and move them to a separate folder in the shared space and rename them for the pages they were going to feature on.
I finished at 6.15pm and was absolutely exhausted, but really enjoyed my first day! I commute in from Luton so I had an hour and a half journey to get home but I’m finding it really exciting! I’m also glad that they haven’t just got me making coffee and running errands! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment