Wednesday 21 January 2015

Day Two - Oh My Love

On my second day Sally briefed me on a press party that Oh My Love would be holding on 4th February. The party will be held at Shoreditch House London and the guestlist included bloggers, celebrities, models and influential people within the industry such as the editors of Look, Elle and Grazia Magazine. I skimmed through the guestlist and was excited when I saw Cara Delevingne’s name! The party is in aid of promoting Oh My Love, and like the SS15 collection had a 70’s theme.
Photo taken at my desk!

Sally showed me some mood boards and emailed me some imagery that was used for inspiration for the party’s theme. She told me she wanted the party to emulate the theme of 70’s in the least tacky way possible and wanted it to have a Studio 54 feel to it.
She then asked me to source some items for the party and come up with a few ideas of some things that I thought might be cool to have at the party. She wanted me to look at a recent party ‘Charlie xcx’ had held and also one that the beauty brand ‘Glossier’ had held and take inspiration from the types of things that they had at their parties. I liked the idea of silver foil balloons spelling out ‘Oh My Love’. Sally wanted me to source; balloons, glitter, stickers for goody bags, heart shaped lolly pops and sweets etc. She told me there would be a Photo Booth at the party and that she wanted everything to be branded so when people instagramed images every image would have Oh My Love in the background, ie branded glasses, branded lolly pops and sweets etc. I came up with the idea of 70s themed photobooth props and tube lighting that could be hired that emulated the lights that were inside of Studio 54 the New York club from the 70’s.
I contacted tonnes of wholesalers and people that branded items. I also looked into branded cookies and sweets that could be made especially for the party and were within the party’s budget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment